We have formulated our toothpaste using Zinc, Folic Acid, Clove and Myrrh, which are found in our mouthwash, with the additional ingredients needed to make it an effective and pleasant toothpaste.
The additional ingredients are:
- Purified water
- Dicalcium Phosphate- White, tasteless, crystalline powder. A source of calcium.
- Glycerine- from Coconut oil, it is used as a sweetener and Humectant. (To keep it moist)
- Silica- Occurs widely in nature as sand, quartz and flint. It is used as an abrasive in the toothpaste.
- Hamposyl L -95 (Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate) it is NOT Sodium Lauryl Sulfate- it is a mild-cleansing agent derived from Coconut oil. It is an anti-enzyme cavity fighter and mild foaming agent.
- Carrageenan-A natural thickening agent derived from Irish Moss
- Grapefruit Seed Extract- is a broad spectrum antimicrobial compound synthesized in a unique process from the seeds and pulp of grapefruits. The final product is a combination of naturally occurring elements including bioflavinoids, amino acids, fatty acids, phenolic compounds, tocopherols, ascorbic acid and dehydroascorbic acids. It is used as a preservative, as has gained a reputation as being supportive for people with flues, colds and sore throats. It has been recommended by several leading medical doctors/authors for relief of symptoms associated with yeast imbalance, it has a wide array of topical applications .
Now! All the natural and effective ingredients used in our Zinc-Plus formula with the added cavity fighting and antioxidant power of Xylitol and Co Q 10.
Some of the benefits of using Xylitol, (a natural ingredient derived from birch trees.) along with proper oral hygiene habits are:
*Helps to reduce the development of cavities. (Dental caries)
*Resists fermentation by oral bacteria
*Inhibits plaque formation
*Increases salivary flow to aid in the repair of damaged tooth enamel (re-mineralization)
*Helps restore a proper alkaline/acid balance in the mouth. This alkaline environment is inhospitable to all the destructive bacteria.
CoQ10 sustains the energy needed to defend and protect the gums and helps to strengthen the tissues that hold the teeth, and is essential in the healing and protection of cell tissue.