Kombucha Tea Starter
Brew delicious, organic kombucha at home and save money! Commercial kombucha sells for $3+ per bottle. Using our kombucha starter culture you can brew your own kombucha for $2 per gallon. When combined with sweetened tea and fermented, the resulting kombucha beverage has a tart zing that can be flavored in a variety of ways!
- Each box contains 1 dehydrated kombucha starter culture (SCOBY) and 10 pH strips.
- Cultures at 68° - 85°F. Initial batch must culture for 30 days. Subsequent batches culture in 7-30 days.
- This starter requires white cane sugar, plain black tea, and distilled white vinegar for culturing.
- Reusable culture - transfer the culture (SCOBY) from batch to batch.
- With proper care, the culture can be used indefinitely to create delicious, fermented tea!
- Instructions for using this culture are included and may be found here.
- Organic sugar, organic black tea, live active cultures.
- Manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing soy and dairy.
Additional Details About the Kombucha Starter Culture
A kombucha starter culture consists of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. When combined with sweetened tea and fermented for 7 to 30 days, the resulting kombucha beverage has a slightly carbonated zing and is packed full of B vitamins.
Shipping and Storage Information
Our Kombucha Starter Culture is shipped in a dehydrated state and must be rehydrated. The starter keeps:
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 3 to 4 weeks
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 9 months
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): not recommended