Almond Butter, Italian, 16oz, Glaser Farms
Not subject to the mandatory pasteurization of almonds in USA.
Truly raw imported Sicilian jumbo shelled almonds. Research has shown that the nuts actually lower blood cholesterol levels. 90 percent of the fats in almonds are unsaturated, and the nuts are high in protein, fiber, calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin E, and other antioxidants. Almonds help prevent osteoporosis and they regulate blood pressure.
Benefits of almonds:
• One study showed that three ounces of almonds a day actually lowered a person's cholesterol by 14 percent.
• Munching on almonds helps people feel satisfied and less inclined to overeat at dinner!
• Ninety percent of the fat in almonds is unsaturated fat, and frequent consumption, as a result, could help lower blood cholesterol levels.
• Of course, since almonds are a plant based food, they contain no cholesterol.
• Almonds are loaded with protein, fiber, calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin E and other antioxidants and phytochemicals.
• Almonds have been shown to promote good health, especially when they are part of a healthful diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, and low fat whole grain products_description.
According to one study, almonds are a well balanced food.
• They contain the right kind of fats-monounsaturated and some polyunsaturated, so they help lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL), the bad cholesterol, while not touching the high-density, or good cholesterol levels.
• The folic acid in almonds is believed to help lower levels of homocystein, the amino acid that is thought to contribute to the buildup of fatty plaque in the arteries.
• And studies have shown links between nut (especially almond) consumption and lower risk of cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and other chronic illnesses.
• In a nutshell, almonds are an excellent source of fiber, vitamin E, zinc, selenium, copper, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, riboflavin, niacin and iron.
• Almonds are the most nutritious of all nuts.
All of our nuts are raw and kept cold at 36 degrees F.
We suggest to refrigerate all of your nuts and seeds for long term storage to keep them fresh! We search for the highest quality, and freshest nuts and seeds available on the domestic and international market.
Shelf Life: Room Temperature, 4 to 6 months. Refrigerated, 1 year. Frozen, +1 year.