Vegan Yogurt Starter
Our Vegan Yogurt Starter consists of a blend of lactic acid bacteria specifically selected for use in making dairy-free yogurt. This direct-set vegan culture has a mild yogurt flavor with a smooth texture and slightly weak viscosity.
- Each box contains 4 packets of starter culture.
- Use 1 packet with 1-2 quarts milk. (For larger batches, use 2 packets with 1-4 gallons of milk.)
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- This culture works well with a variety of non-dairy milks and thickeners.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture - each packet makes one batch of vegan yogurt.
Vegan Yogurt Starter Instructions and Troubleshooting
- Learn How to Make Non-Dairy Yogurt.
- Instructions for using this culture are included
- Rice maltodextrin, live active bacteria (Bifidobacterium bifidum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp bulgaricus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Streptococcus thermophilus)
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
- Manufactured in a facility that also processes products containing soy and dairy.
- May contain trace amounts of gluten: Barley source is used as a fermentation nutrient.
- May contain trace amounts of soy: Soybeans are used as a fermentation nutrient.
Shipping Information and Shelf-life
Our Vegan Yogurt Starter Culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried yogurt culture. The starter is best if stored:
- At room temperature (68° to 78°F): 3 to 4 weeks
- In the refrigerator (40° to 45°F): 6 to 12 months
- In the freezer (0° to 25°F): 12+ months