Vegetal Silica, 90 Veg Caps, Flora
Silica is one of the most abundant minerals in the world and a crucial component of good health, particularly for skin, bones, hair and nails.* Unfortunately, many of the foods rich in silica lose their valuable silica content due to over refining and processing. Supplementation with a carefully prepared and easily absorbed form of silica is so important.
Vegetal Silica by Flora is produced according to Dr. Louis Kervran’s patented extraction method developed at the University of Paris. He invented the atomized aqueous extraction process, whereby the vegetal silica is extracted from spring horsetail using water in lieu of chemical solvents. Only silica prepared in this gentle manner yields a highly bio-available silicate in the form of orthosilicic acid, which has been proven through research to be effective and completely safe.
This unique, gentle extraction method not only preserves the bioflavonoids necessary for the effective absorption of silica, but it ensures the retention of a spectrum of naturally occurring beneficial minerals including calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, boron, iron and phosphorus.
- Each capsule of Vegetal Silica spring horsetail extract supplies 9 mg of mineral silica
- The silica in Vegetal Silica is derived from an atomized aqueous extraction method that preserves silica’s natural composition with bioflavonoids, thus ensuring the highest bioavailability and assimilation by the body
- This silica is extracted exclusively from the spring horsetail, freshly harvested in the spring when it contains more soluble silica due to the higher concentration of bioflavonoids in the plant at that time
- Contains a safe and easy to assimilate silicate in the form of orthosilicic acid
- Free of artificial additives and preservatives
- In easy to digest vegetarian capsules, suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Packaged in environmentally-friendly amber glass bottles
- Vegetal Silica helps restore natural beauty by providing valuable nutrients for the skin, bones, hair and nails*
Some experts have suggested the element silicon in horsetail is a vital component for bone and cartilage formation.*(1, 2)
1. Seaborn CD, Nielsen FH. Silicon: a nutritional beneficence for bones, brains and blood vessels? Nutr Today 1993;28:13–8.
2. Schneider, Dr. Johannes, "Silica: A Vital Element for Good Health," Focus on Nutrition No. 10, Journal of Health and Nutrition, 1990
Not Intended As Medical Advice.