- Jul 31, 2017
- by Morena
Raw Vegan Zucchini Noodles with basil and spinach pesto
Recipe by: Morena Escardo
Indulge in a vibrant and nutritious raw vegan dish with our Zucchini Noodles with Basil and Spinach Pesto. This delightful recipe combines the freshness of zucchini noodles with the aromatic flavors of a homemade pesto sauce made from basil and spinach.
Our zucchini noodles, also known as "zoodles," provide a healthy and gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta. They are created by spiralizing fresh zucchini into thin, noodle-like strands. These zoodles not only offer a satisfying texture but are also packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber.
The star of this dish is our homemade pesto sauce. Made with a combination of fragrant basil leaves, vibrant spinach, garlic, pine nuts, and extra virgin olive oil, this pesto bursts with flavors and offers a wealth of nutritional benefits. Basil is known for its antioxidant properties, while spinach adds an extra dose of iron, calcium, and vitamins to the dish.
Prep time: 15-20 min
- 1 medium zucchini or summer squash (or half of each)
- ¼ cup raw organic cashews or pine nuts
- ½ shallot or ¼ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon Rawmesan
- Celtic Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Peruvian olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Soak the cashews in water overnight or for a few hours. Drain when ready to use. (You don't need to do this if using pine nuts)
- Make the zucchini noodles with a mandolin or a spiral slicer).
- Mix all the other ingredients except the raw noodles, in a blender until creamy. (Add 2-4 tablespoons water if needed)
- Taste for seasoning.
- Pour the cream over the noodles and mix everything until the raw pasta is soaked in the sauce.
- Serve in a bowl and decorate with basil leaves, cherry tomatoes, and avocados slices on top.